- "Avoid sweeping statements. Words such as 'always' and 'never' only make people angry, and defensive.
- Focus on major responsibilities and performance standards.
- Ask recipients to identify causes of performance problems.
- Provide feedback frequently.
- Discuss behaviors or results, not the person.
- Specify what needs to be done.
- Use both positive and negative feedback.
- Coach rather than judge.
- Fit feedback to the individual (p. 126)."
2. Ability to trust
3. Ability to use imagery
4. Ability to identify blocks when they occur
5. Recognizing the importance of adversity (p. 7)
What additional characteristics of Exceptional Coaches can you add to this list?
What was the best advice you have received from a coach?