- "Don't blame people for negative outcomes.
- Don't compare people.
- Focus on behaviors, not personal characteristics.
- Attribute good performance to internal causes.
- Recognize when a team should be praised.
- Be specific about ways to improve performance.
- Allow a controlled expression of feelings.
- Increase goal clarity.
- Challenge the recipient to do better.
1. Assume people are hungry for information.
2. Abandon management-speak.
3. Do a 360 degree stroll around your messages before delivering them.
4. Watch your creative language.
5. Know when to speak in specifics and when in generalities (p. 86-88).
What are some tips you use to improve communication?
What is the best communication advice you have ever received?
From: Geisler, J. (2012). Work happy: what great bosses know. New York: Center Street.
Want to be a better leader? Here's what it takes:
Maintain a Positive Attitude
Solution oriented. Action oriented. People oriented. Your enthusiasm begets success.
Change is certain. Followers tend to resist change. It is the mark of a leader to embrace change and take advantage of the opportunity it presents.