"In the days of Glassdoor, Twitter, and other fast-moving social media, reputations build quickly and can be hard to change. We've seen seemingly minor missteps torpedo careers. It's a lot easier to avoid these behaviors than having to clean up your reputation after. Among the top missteps to avoid:
“You are a unique human being, and there is no one else like you in the world. You have unique gifts, talents, and perspectives that you bring to your relationships with others. You have experience and knowledge that position you to make the world a better place.
Consider all of the roles you play in the work you do and the life you lead. Think about the difference your efforts have made to your networks over the course of a lifetime.
- "Credibility: the power derived from your professional standing and expertise.
- Have a clear vision for the future
- Set direction
- Inspire others to follow them
- Enable greatness in others
"Being persistent means that when things get in the way, as they will, you will find a way of overcoming them. If people knock you down, as they will, you are able to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and return to your path. It also means that when doubts creep into your mind, as they will, you are able to listen to their message without being distracted from your purpose.
- Identify past successes that paved the way to your current position.
- Think about challenges you faced along the way to those successes.
- List the specific skills and talents that allowed you to overcome past challenges.
- Think about the resources you tapped into to learn about and get better at things you needed to succeed.