- Maintaining and raising quality
- Developing and improving systems
- Coaching employee performance
- Communicating across the organization
- Collaborating across the organization
- Resolving conflicts
- Building employee motivation
- Leading with emotional intelligence
- Building teams and team performance
- Managing change
- Managing your time and priorities
- Working with ethics and integrity (p. 6)
“Our workplaces are full of human “doings,” not human “ beings.” So says Mitch Ditkoff, the man who spends his days trying to humanize corporate work environments.
“Most people tamp down their real selves when they go to work. However, if you want to bring your ‘A’ game you have to bring your real self to work each day. That’s the only way the best of your natural creativity will emerge.”
Human beings are thoughtful, inspiring, compassionate and creative, so why don’t we bring this into the workplace?
One evening, an old Cherokee told his grandson about a conflict that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two wolves within is all. One is evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, worry, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other one is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, wisdom, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth compassion and faith.”