By:Beth Flynn, Monday, May 12th, 2014
- I am a leader
- I'm not afraid to decide. When anything goes wrong, I face reality, and decide what's best for everyone, not just myself
- I know how to respond in an instant. Just do what's best. Just do the right thing.
- I'm candid in the moment
- I think on my feet, and when someone knocks me on my ass
- I'm not afraid to talk without a script
- I'm not afraid to make a mistake
- I take responsibility for my decisions and my errors - I take "blame" out of the leadership equation
- I tell the truth, so I don't have to mince my words, or have to remember what I said
- I earn respect
- I earn trust
- I select the best people to help me lead (not my best friend's) - I will attract the best people in the country and the best people in the world.
- When people offer their help. I will accept their offers as often as I can
- I set goals with my people, not for them
- I stand up for what is right
- I won't back down from those who seek to harm us
- I won't back down from those who oppose freedom
- I speak from strength and conviction
- I listen with the intent to understand
- Id don't ask for respect, I earn it
- People may not like my decisions, but they will like me personally
- I am resilient
- I recover quickly and with a resilient attitude
- I resolve to do better next time
- I do everything I can to build and maintain my reputation
- I'm not just a leader, I'm a student of leadership (Gitomer, 2011, p. 216-217).
What are some leadership affirmations that you use?