Seventeen Management Principles
By:Beth Flynn, Monday, August 18th, 2014
- Clarity is Essential
- Competence is Critical
- Identify Your Constraints
- Unlock Your Creativity
- Concentrate Single-Mindedly
- Have the Courage of Your Convictions
- Develop Your Character
- Plan Every Detail in Advance
- Organize Your Work Before You Begin
- Staff Properly at Every Level
- Delegate Effectively
- Inspect What You Expect
- Keep the Boss Informed
- Focus on High Productivity
- Commit to Quality in Everything
- Concentrate on Continuous Improvement
- Innovate Continually (Tracy, 2011, p. 195-211).
- What are some additional management principles that come to mind?
- What are two principles you can commit to this week?
From: Tracy, B (2011). Full engagement: inspire, motivate, and bring out the best in your people. New York: AMACOM