Nine Proven Leadership Principles
By:Beth Flynn, Tuesday, February 05th, 2019
- "Grow leaders and difference-makers, not just followers
- Build and orchestrate synergistic, high performance teams more powerful than the sum of their parts.
- Focus your organization on strategic priorities and simplify operations to accelerate progress.
- Champion the people who purchase and use your products and services.
- Cultivate a performance-based culture of innovation that unleashes the innate desire in the people who lead to solve, create and contribute to winning.
- Communicate relentlessly to give your workforce the context they need to sign up for and truly commit to achieving the company goals.
- See the world through the eyes of others, and your example with breed a healthier organization.
- Be the model you want emulated. Operate transparently, deliver on your promises, and remain steadfastly focused on doing the right things.
- Coach people to achieve more than they thought possible (29-30)."
Please share some examples about how you demonstrate these principles.
From: Rake, J. (2018). The bridge to growth: how servant leaders achieve better results and why it matters more than ever. New York: Skyhorse Publishing.