The Habits of Highly Reliable Leaders
- "They are on time for meetings, for planes, for phone calls.
- They make individual commitments (who is taking what actions by when) clear in meetings.
- They follow up on agreed-upon actions religiously.
- They make lists (to do, to read, mistakes, people to keep in touch with, useful resources, etc.) - and put those lists into action.
- They are aware of their mood, words, and actions in their interactions with their teams - are their actions and words having the desired effect?
- They keep the people who need to know in the loop, so that no one drops the ball (p.125-126)."
What other successful leadership habits would you like to add?
From: Botelho, E. L; & Powell, K.R. (2018). The ceo next door: the four behaviors that transform ordinary people into world-class leaders. New York: Currency.