How to Build a High Performance Team
- “Assess individual strengths and behavioral preferences
- Select members using a plan to complement strengths and fill gaps to achieve balance and synergy
- Develop a charter, define roles, and align on the most important goals and rewards
- Proactively create an environment in which teammates can learn about each other personally to better understand their formative life experiences, what drives them, and ultimately build trust
- Establish a cadence of team training that incorporates real-world and mission critical challenges and obstacles
- Define lead and lag success metrics as well as a process to monitor progress
- Establish feedback mechanisms and norms for making decisions and holding one another accountable
- Clarify needed support from stakeholders
- Finalize rules of engagement and execute
- Course-correct via team work session (p. 56-57).”
What suggestions do you have to build a high performance team?
Rake, J. (2018). The bridge to growth: how servant leaders achieve better results and why it matters more than ever. New York: Skyhorse Publishing.