Reasons Why Middle Managers are Important
- "They are in a position to impact the greatest number of people and processes.
- Managers control the culture of the company.
- They are on the front line with employees.
- They have a huge impact on attracting and retaining talent.
- They're responsible for bringing out the best in people.
- They're on the front line with daily processes.
- They're the 'messaging valve.' They determine what gets reported to senior management and how news is broken to their direct reports.
- They make change happen (p. 357-359)."
From: Studer,Q. (2020). The busy leader's handbook: how to lead people and places that thrive. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley and Sons.