Skills Involved in Leading for Compassion
- "Leading for compassion involves becoming a high-level compassion architect.
- Leading for compassion often entails using communication channels to reach a broad audience and reinforce a culture of shared humanity.
- Leading for compassion can entail transformation and change of all elements of the organization's social architecture.
- Leading for compassion involves legitimizing suffering and compassion in the organization and drawing attention to the beauty of compassion in human communities.
- Leading for compassion evokes emergent patterns of compassion that expand far beyond a centralized approach (p. 278-279)."
From: Worline, M.C., & Dutton, J.E. (2017). Awakening compassion at work. Oakland, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.