Most Prized Management Behaviors
By:Beth Flynn, Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
- "Be a good coach.
- Empower your team and don't micromanage.
- Express interest in team members' success and personal well-being.
- Don't be a sissy. Be productive and results oriented
- Be a good communicator and listen to your team.
- Help your employees with career development.
- Have a clear vision and strategy for the team.
- Have key technical skills so you can help advise the team (p. 72-73)."
From: Hurwitz, M. & Hurwitz, S. (2015). Leadership is half the story: a fresh look at followership, leadership, and collaboration. Guelph, Ontario: University of Toronto Press.