Happy New Year! Take a few moments to reflect on the questions posed below. You have the opportunity to change your life and the impact you have on others.
- “Am I content with my life right now?
- Am I happy with the direction I am going?
- Do I belong to a meaningful organization?
- Am I contributing in a positive way to society?
- Am I in meaningful relationships?
- Do I contribute to my relationships in a positive way and for the betterment of others?
- Have I been successful with my life so far?
- Do I have a sense of purpose?
- Do I look forward to the future?
- Do I feel ashamed in any of the areas listed in the above questions?
- Can I be completely open and honest with those around me?
- Am I vulnerable and transparent in my closest relationships?
- Am I presenting a false self to others?
- Do I feel the tendency to wear masks around others?
- Are there things I hide from others?
- Am I afraid of something in my life coming out into the open?
- Are there things in my life I am choosing not to deal with?
- Are there things in my life I need to change or get rid of?
- Do I feel the need to impress others?
- Do I worry about or am I overly concerned with what people think about me (p. 136-137).”
From: Causey, C. (2021). Candor: the secret to succeeding at tough conversations. (e-book edition). Chicago: Northfield Publishing.