Seven Sources of Power
By:Beth Flynn, Wednesday, September 28th, 2016
- "Credibility: the power derived from your professional standing and expertise.
- Character: the underlying traits, values and beliefs that shape your behavior.
- Presence: the impact you create and the feelings you stimulate when people meet you.
- Position: the roles you play and how you maneuver yourself into the limelight.
- Connections: the network of relationships you have around you and your work.
- Skills: those exceptional abilities you have that enable you to get things done.
- Agenda: the issues and priorities you focus your leadership attention on (p. 29)."
From: Gautrey, C. (2014). Influential leadership: a leader's guide to getting things done. London: Kogan Page.