Leadership Institute: Effective Coaching and Emotional Intelligence (EQ) online
Over the past decade a growing body of literature has documented the importance of social and emotional effectiveness as well as effective coaching (how we take good people and make them the best they can be) and feedback skills. As leaders face times of increasingly rapid changes within their respective organizations, teams, and/or laboratories they must proactively work with others to lead them through these challenging times while continuing to meet the changing needs of stakeholders and clientele.
Understanding and applying the dynamics of emotional intelligence and increasing one’s capacity as a leader, manager, and coach will be a distinguishing characteristic of successful individuals, teams, and organizations in the future.
As a part of this workshop, each participant will be completing an Emotional & Social effectiveness assessment prior to the first workshop session. This will be followed up with a one-on-one feedback & coaching session with an individual’s unique results on their respective EQ assessment.
As a result of your participation you will:
• Strengthen your leadership capacity to more effectively lead within your organization.
• Increase your ability to develop and lead others through an increased coaching & feedback capacity.
• Increase your ability to handle conflict situations related to your leadership roles.
• Increase your emotional and social abilities (awareness and competence) to more effectively work with and lead others.
Who should participate?
• Leaders, managers, and administrators who want to increase their leadership capacity as well as their coaching and feedback skills.
• New managers and supervisors wanting to grow in their positions.
• Individuals who aspire to hold higher level leadership positions within organizations.
• Professionals who are facing communication challenges as a leader.
This workshop consists of three sessions. The first and third sessions are face-to-face workshops presented at our Columbus facility. The second session will be a 1 hour personal coaching and feedback session based on the results of their EQ results.
1st Session April 22, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. online
2nd Session TBD – 1 hour Individual Feedback and Coaching session
3rd Session May 17, 2022 9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. online
Jeff King is facilitating this workshop.
Please note, if you are unable to attend you may send someone else in your place. Cancellations made prior to the day of the workshop will be refunded minus a $5 cancellation fee. No refunds will be made for no-shows/cancellations the day of the workshop. Certificates of participation are available for individuals seeking professional development hours. If you have questions, contact the OSU Leadership Center at 614-292-3114 or e-mail Beth Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Jennifer Pettibone at email@example.com or 614-292-3114. Requests made 10 days prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date. In person workshops venues are wheelchair accessible. Automated captions will be available to all virtual participants and the Zoom platform is accessible. Click here for the accessibility form.