Leadership Institute: Session #1
Leadership Institute - Effective Coaching and Emotional Intelligence: Building Individual and Organizational Capacity
Prior to the first session, participants will complete the online EQi-2.0 leadership assessment.
October 8 Workshop, OSU Campus, Ag. Administration Building, room 105, Columbus, OH (9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
TBD Individual feedback & coaching session regarding EQ
November 1 Distance Learning webinar (11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
November 22 Distance Learning webinar (11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
December 6 Workshop, OSU Campus, Ag Administration Building, room 105, (9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Over the past decade a growing body of literature has documented the importance of social and emotional effectiveness as well as effective coaching (how we take good people and make them the best they can be) and feedback skills. As leaders face times of increasingly rapid changes within their respective organizations they must proactively work with others to lead them through these challenging times while continuing to meet the changing needs of our stakeholders and clientele. Understanding and applying the dynamics of emotional intelligence and increasing one’s capacity as a coach, will be a distinguishing characteristic of successful individuals, teams, and organizations in the future.
As a part of this each participant will be completing an Emotional & Social effectiveness assessment prior to the workshop as well as a Coaching for Commitment assessment. The program also includes a one-on-one feedback & coaching session with an individual’s unique results on their respective EQ and Coaching assessment.
As a result of your participation you will:
- Strengthen your leadership capacity to more effectively lead within your organization.
- Increase your ability to develop and lead others through an increased coaching & feedback capacity.
- Increase your ability to handle conflict situations related to your leadership roles.
- Increase your emotional and social abilities (awareness and competence) to more effectively work with and lead others.
Who should participate?
• Leaders, managers, and administrators who want to increase their leadership capacity as well as their coaching and feedback skills.
• New managers and supervisors wanting to grow in their positions.
• Individuals who aspire to hold higher level leadership positions within organizations.
• Professionals who are facing coaching challenges as a leader.
The program is being support through the CFAES Leadership, Education and Development Endowment Fund and by the George R. and Genevieve B. Gist Endowed Extension Leadership Chair within the Department of Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership. The participant cost is only $195 for OSU Extension and College of Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Sciences faculty & staff, please use the code CFAES to receive the reduced rate. The cost is $320 for non CFAES professionals.
The registration fee includes meals and refreshments for two face-to-face workshops, one-on-one coaching session, resources/materials, EQi- 2.0 self-assessment; coaching skills inventory assessment, and feedback materials.
Jeff King, Ph.D., Director of the OSU Leadership Center is facilitating this workshop series.
The registration deadline is October 1, 2013. To register go to .
Questions? Please contact Jeff King at email@example.com