The Skilled Facilitator: Techniques and Tools
Are you looking for strategies to help groups solve tough problems? Are you frustrated with business-as-usual meetings? Helping individuals to do their best thinking and move beyond conflict and discomfort to a broader perspective of decision-making can be challenging and difficult. This training will equip you with the tools and techniques need to grow or improve your facilitation skills. Participants will:
• Understand facilitation and facilitator roles
• Understand, assess and manage group dynamics and group decision-making
• Learn essential facilitator listening and communication skills and techniques
• Learn strategies for idea generation, prioritizing, unanimity, and reaching consensus
• Learn and experience an assortment of facilitation and communication tools for use with a variety of groups and desired outcomes
• Build a well-stocked toolbox of facilitation techniques to successfully guide groups to success
• Become more confident in your ability to use facilitation tools and processes.
Becky Nesbitt and Treva Williams are co-facilitating this workshop.
Cost: $190. To register and make payment, please go to https://regonline.com/seriesleadership.
Please note, if you are unable to attend you may send someone else in your place. Cancellations made prior to the day of the workshop will be refunded minus a $5 cancellation fee. No refunds will be made for no-shows/cancellations the day of the workshop. Certificates of participation are available for individuals seeking professional development hours. If you have questions, contact the OSU Leadership Center at 614-292-3114 or e-mail Beth Flynn @ email@example.com